Presentation from Lakeshore http://www.lakeshorelearning.com
Courtney O’Brien – email@example.com
Dr. Katrina Blatnick-Gagne
Integrating technology into the Family Consumer Science curriculum.
The Hexagon Tool –
The Hexagon Tool helps states, districts, and schools systematically evaluate new and existing interventions via six broad factors: needs, fit, resource availability, evidence, readiness for replication and capacity to implement.
ADDIE – Design Tool – The ADDIE model is the generic process traditionally used by instructional designers and training developers. The five phases—Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation—represent a dynamic, flexible guideline for building effective training and performance support tools.
Elissa Malespina – Play is OK
Design Thinking – Hamster video design thinking
@DianaLRendina – Middle School
@heidinelt – Elementary School
-High School – Equipment Autopsy (take apart and put back together), Makerspace Challenge Cards
@geekyteach Meredith Martin – Dollar Store Stem
Harbor Freight – good source for inexpensive storage
Design Studio Pro – https://www.extraordinaires.com
Building a MakerSpace program for a High School
STEAM 101 – Valley Middle School http://www.oaklandschoolsnj.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=173&ViewID=047E6BE3-6D87-4130-8424-D8E4E9ED6C2A&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=1459&PageID=1
- New Course
- 4 days a week for 1 marking period
- Goal Setting, Problem Solving, Collaboration
- Human Rock Paper Scissors – lose have to cheer for someone else
- films of what to do and what not to do in STEAM room
- paper airplanes – choose paper, 2 extra variables, must fly from end of room to other end without hitting anything
- NIM – 16 paperclip – pick up clips GOAL: must win
- Chemical Reaction project – equal mass before and after chemical reaction
- 4 weeks – rollercoasters – have to pitch to ‘amusement park’
Rurik Nakerud – – Elizabeth Morrow Elementary School
NJ Maker Day – http://njmakersday.org
How do you sell this to people/administration?
- Show how it is being used
- invite admin with THEIR kids to event
- goal – prepare to real world. Real world not a series of written questions.
Scenario: Budget Crisis – How do you react that STEAM is being cut (for KIDS)
- don’t do it, cut something else
- teaches how to work with others
- overcome frustration
- uses your mind and hands to learn
- working together to accomplish goals
- bringing necessary items in
- participation, course is about working together